Get People To Click Your Link On Pinterest

blog traffic from pinterest, getting clicks, how to

We've seen millions of links on the internet. But how many times do you click?

I mentioned on the last Pinterest tips lesson that pinning regularly ups your chances to be shared. That's the point, right? Well if you want to be shared and actually clicked on, here are some tips for you!

Your caption matters. Especially for blogs.

Okay so, I also use Pinterest as a hobby to just see unique things. I know I - and the majority of pinners - see a pretty outfit/dish/idea, say, "Oh, that's cool." Pinned and move on. You don't click. Unless there's more to see. That's when you click. What does your post offer readers? Use that. Do you follow any awesome newsletters? They definitely get you to click. I follow Refinery29 and their taglines are insanely good. I always click! I've studied their taglines and how they get people on their website through social media. What makes your post special? That's awesome. Keep that in mind!

Here are some examples of effective tagline styles.

P.S. I've included how they could be used in different blogging styles!
- Can't afford the gym? No one can these days. Try this instead. (ideas for diet recipes)
- It was the date from hell... (personal post or advice)
- Everything you need for fall. Even if you don't know it yet. (haul, wishlist, fashion!)

Don't believe me?

Here are some of my own recent pin taglines that have worked really well... - Shine boost on a college budget? Learn what drugstore product i found and worked after one use! (8 pins, 5 likes) - College Outfit: Transitioning from summer into fall with red! (3 pins, 3 likes) - It's Back to School! Which means stress so here's 5 Ways To Relax. (42 pins, 18 likes)

Hope you try out some of these tips!

1 comments:

  1. I never knew Pinterest was such a good marketing tool! I'm going to have to try some of these tips!

    ReplyDelete

Remember to follow us on Twitter and Instagram!

 

Subscribe to get special tips!

* indicates required

Follow on bloglovin!

Fashion Bloggers US