San Fransisco Blogging With A Side of Sweet

http://asideofsweet.com/
HWB.  How You Blog.  Today we talk to Kelly from A Side of Sweet who gave some great advice by explaining her blog goals and advice for new bloggers.

1.  What is A Side of Sweet's goal in blog-life?

My goal is to treat blogging like a job, but a job a enjoy and look forward to every day! I follow an editorial schedule to make sure I am producing consistent, high quality content and I treat my collaborations with brands as professional interactions. I strive to find a balance between blogging as a creative outlet and also as a way to make some extra money to support my fashion habit!

http://asideofsweet.com/

2.  What made you start blogging?

I started blogging 7 years ago as a way to stay in touch with friends and family while traveling internationally. The blog has morphed several times since then, from a travel blog to a fitness blog to a food blog and now finally to a lifestyle blog.


3.  Flashback to your blogger beginning.  How's life?

I've come so far since I started years and years ago! I'm constantly striving to improve, be it my photography skills, my blog design, my search engine rankings or my social media following! One of the best but most frustrating things about blogging is there is no finish line! You're always striving to improve and be better, to gain more followers and to produce better content. It's never enough!

http://asideofsweet.com/ 

4.  Your current style inspirations?

I'm always striving for a way to breath new life into old pieces. I think buying something and wearing it once is silly and also bad for the environment. Instead, I invest in high quality pieces that never go out of style! I get inspiration from other fashion bloggers, especially those in San Francisco! 


5.  What's the fashion community like where you are?

The blogging community here is so supportive and encouraging. It feels like there's enough space for all of us to do well and succeed. I love seeing what trends my friends are setting and I've definitely shopped their closets on many occasions! I think San Francisco has a reputation as being casual and not trendy, but that's not true at all! In reality San Francisco is all about being comfortable with your personal style. You can feel good about dressing down in skinny jeans and booties and just as good getting glammed up for a night out! I love that dressing in a way that makes you happy is encouraged and supported. It's something that makes San Francisco really special.
http://asideofsweet.com/


6.  Any helpful advice for newbie bloggers?

You want to make sure you have a clean, professional blog design that is easy to navigate. Most of the time you're not going to see immediate success. Instead, it's about creating consistent, high-quality content for a long period of time to set yourself up for that big break. That way, when that famous magazine editor randomly stumbles upon your blog they are immediately impressed and want to feature you! Don't get discouraged if success doesn't happen for you right away - just stick with it!

1 comments:

Remember to follow us on Twitter and Instagram!

 

Subscribe to get special tips!

* indicates required

Follow on bloglovin!

Fashion Bloggers US